Welcome

Welcome

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Sketches - sketches and even more Sketches

Sketches and stuff



Hello again everyone, how are you all today?  It's lovely here today, so I will be going out and about with hubby and the dogs......as I usually do about twice or three times a day.......but in the meantime, here are some more sketches for you:

This sketch is one of my favourites as the choice of colours are never-ending.  For me I used black, grey and white  with a little silver this time...but just imagine it in red and gold, or black and silver, or blue and ....well you will see what I mean.

Here is the card I made:


I love it.  and I will use this design again and again for different celebrations.  This time I used it for a sympathy card.  I measured and cut the pieces out and decided that I would use the acetate with butterflies on it for the centre.  I'm not sure where the papers came from as I already had them, so it was just deciding where they would go.  I think it worked quite well the way I have done it.  I used double sided sticky tape to stick it all down, but before I did I stuck down the acetate so that the papers would slightly overlap it, which made it very neat.  The base card is an 8 x 8" square black card, and the sentiment is a white peel-off.

Card:  Craft Creations
paper and acetate: own stash
peel-offs: Craft Creations

So, now onto the next one:  Here is something completely different:

It's a clutch bag.........and I think it would be lovely to give to someone at Christmas time, which is why I chose the colours that I did.


So here is the finished article two photos, one closed and one open.


Here is the closed bag.  I used white pearlised card, which I embossed and then cut out and scored.  I cut out the flag border from red paper and stuck it down using double sided sticky tape.  The decoration is a red flower with and smaller one in the centre and a white fluffy brad for the middle of the flower.

Here is it open..........

As you can see I covered the centre with matching red paper and then glued an oval in white for someone to write there own message on.  I used a self adhesive velcro fastener so that it stays shut when closed.  It is very simple to make and I think it's very effective.


Lastly today is this one:


When i made this one, I was not very happy with it so I added to it.....eventually!!!  I will put up the photos of both versions:


It looks fine by itself, but i changed it in the end.  First of all I used an 8 x 8" square base card and covered it with distressed brown self striped paper, which looks old and used.  I then cut out the pale mauve and white paper which has clock faces on it and stuck that on the top of the brown paper, at the bottom left hand side.  On top of that I put the sentiment and glued a purple flower to the bottom right of the sentiment.  So it looks okay..............but then I had an idea...................


And I did this to it:

It's that acetate again.......I just love it and it really lifts the card and makes it very special, don't you think?  I just felt it needed that extra oomph!  and I liked the end product.......eventually.

Card:  Craft Creations
Acetate: not sure
Brown paper and paper with clock faces and tag: Wellington
Flower: prima flowers

So there you go:

I hope you enjoyed todays creations.

Love and hugs

Annie xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Another set of fabulous cards Annie, I love the little clutch bag design and the last one is gorgeous, prefer the added acetate :) Well done!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn.


    Love and hugs

    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. So lovely design. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing this inspirational creation.

    ReplyDelete